Marketing e-mails is the powerful communication tool between service and customers. Researches show that 40 times as many purchases came from emails than from Facebook or Twitter. That is why it is important to investigate e-mails from the user perspective more deeply. All e-commerce and service platforms attempt to attract as many loyal subscribers as possible. Registration forms became simplified to increase the opt-in rating as much as possible. Therefore, people daily receive plenty of advertisements e-mails. Graphic 1 (marketingland.com) demonstrates the proportion of different types of e-mails in the typical inboxes.
The Consumer’s Inbox: Types of Messages
Price tracking services should put a lot of effort in the professional design to conquer the trust of prospective users. The formula for increasing subscribers could help to attract customers concerned with the values of the site. It includes:
- determine the clear value of what users will get from marketing e-mails;
- create the clear message with an immediate problem solving for your users;
- make the process of registration/signing for e-mails as simple and unbiased as possible. It is important to reduce social costs by using such principles as:
- keeping form short and easy;
- requesting the personal information only if necessary. For example, name of the subscriber could be used in personalising an e-mail which will bring positive impact on the relationship with the customer;
- designing the error messages to reduce an effort of resolving a problem.
- increase trustworthiness by showing evidence of social proof and professional user-friendly design.
By signing up for the service, users demonstrate willingness for seeking a solution to their problems – save money on products. Therefore, e-mails will provide ideas for the answer, called Lead Magnets (Ian Brodie). For the researched services, it will be immediate value of the opportunity to buy the wishful items which dropped at a price. Nicely designed e-mails with clear focus on customer needs and desires is the strong B2C tool. Focusing on the multi-platform view of the e-mail is one of the integral parts of the interaction with the customer. As Graphic 2 (marketingland.com) shows, significant part of the e-mails opens from the smartphones and the most active e-mail reading time, according to the recent research, is between 5 and 8 am, presumably during the computing to work. Therefore nicely designed e-mails with a clear call to action are utterly important and will not procrastinate user from buying the item immediately.