The aim of this project was to create a micro social network for people who have interest in:
- reading books
- sharing and borrowing books
- sharing reading experience
Main features of the service:
- record an information about all books users own, have read, would like to have
- adding friends, creating tight circles by interests
- sharing physical or electronic books among users
On the first step of the creation the product I produced Storyboard and detailed User Journey with the Persona (potential representative of the target audience) to understand user needs and psychology of interaction with the site more deeply.
Such UX techniques as questionnaires, card sorting and competitor benchmarking research were used before producing rough prototype.
After researching phase Low Fidelity Mockup of key pages was designed
As soon as the information architecture and navigation were visualised High Fidelity Prototype was produced:
The scope of the given project was to design product and conduct user testing to identify main issues and come up with redesign solutions.
Redesigned pages were created with the help of Axure software:
My Books Page
User’s Book Page